My tentative race calendar for 2016:
- Surf City half marathon (Huntington Beach, Calif), February
- Spring Prairie Dog half marathon (Arvada, Colo), April
- Summer Open sprint triathlon (Longmont, Colo), May
- Tri on the Plains sprint triathlon (Sterling, Colo) OR Lake to Lake olympic triathlon (Loveland, Colo), June
- Calgary 70.3 triathlon (Calgary, AB, Canada), July
I will sit out the BolderBoulder and the Denver Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon this year. They’re both really fun events, but I am starting to get large crowd-fatigue and I probably shouldn’t spend money on the entry fees anyways, considering our big trip to Canada.
I may pepper in another local Arvada 5K or 10K in the spring. I have no fall races planned so far. I would like to travel for another marathon (the Twin Cities or Marine Corp Marathon have both piqued my interest.) The idea of training for and running another marathon sounds great nine months away from the reality of doing it, so we will see. Another fall option is traveling to a half marathon (Sara’s cousins have floated the idea of the Yosemite half marathon.) But barring traveling to a race, I am content finding a local non-Rock ‘n’ Roll fall half marathon or sprint triathlon.
Here’s to staying healthy all year!